Friday, September 28, 2012

Pics Coming Soon...

The framing is almost complete! The back wall of the house was bumped out this morning. Our updates required the addition of several LVL beams, which are used to provide support over long distances, and a 270 lb steel beam. These beams allowed for the removal of several load-bearing walls. The siding has also been added to three sides. The shakes will be added to the front once the porch is complete.

A couple of funny things happened today. I did my usual site visit, and I decided the guys deserved some coffee and doughnuts on this Friday morning. I left to get the surprise, and I got lost! I need to learn my way around this side of town! I eventually gave up on the doughnuts and decided I was lucky to make it back to our current neck of the woods.

Once I made it home with both kids after school, I decided to look online for granite. I scrolled through hundreds of Google pics before finally finding a picture of a granite with both beige and gray plus an interesting pattern. I clicked on the picture to find out the name of this beautiful stone. The word "Formica" came up on my screen. I do have great taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment