Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Fifty Shades of Gray

No, not Fifty Shades of Grey. Fifty shades of gray. That seems to be where we're stuck. We love all the pictures of gray houses that have been floating around Houzz and Pinterest, but when we try to match these, we have problems. Too light, too dark, too blue, too cold. Where is the elusive, perfect, warm, medium gray that will coordinate with our stonework and black metal roof and shutters? Which shade will perfectly highlight our carefully selected Hardie shake, board and batten gable, and siding? And, which gray will look beautiful with the dark red double front doors that I just may be daring enough to select? At this point, I think no color will live up to my expectations. I am terrible with color choices, and I'm now afraid to commit to anything.

If this is the biggest issue we have during our renovation, we are very lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment