Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Another Week of Framing and More Decisions

The framers have a big job, and they're continuing their work on the three interior levels and the major exterior changes. I have a big job as well. I've been busy looking at exterior paint, shingles, bath plumbing fixtures, tile, carpet, and hardwoods. I came home with a bag of tile samples yesterday and wasn't quite sure what I'd selected. I've realized that I can only look at materials for one hour before I get frustrated/confused/overwhelmed. In one hour yesterday, we discussed tile for five bathrooms. That includes floor tile, shower/bath tile, and accent tile. Only two baths will have the same finishes. We also discussed the kitchen, the basement bar, the mudroom, and, possibly, something else that I've forgotten.

I also realized that I need to do my own research. Some of the products that have been recommended are not highly rated by online reviewers. This selection process has really become a full time job.

No comments:

Post a Comment