Sunday, May 12, 2013

Renovation Complete

Our renovation was completed in about 3.5 months and came in at 3-4% over our total budget for the purchase and renovation. We expanded the home, and it is now a 5/5 with about 4500 square feet of finished space. We're pleased with the layout, finishes, larger yard, and neighborhood. However, I'm realizing that decorating is going to be an expensive and challenging task. We have some dark furniture and a lot of brown which doesn't work that well in the new, lighter, more gray house. We also own some sets which need to be broken up. I've learned a few things in the last several years, and I now know to look for unique pieces that I like and to avoid sets. The problem is that this type of shopping takes time. But, I'm in no rush. We've settled in quite nicely. Our bedrooms are comfortable, and we spend most of our indoor time in the kitchen and basement. My front porch has big ferns and rocking chairs, so we're moving in the right direction. We've also quite enjoyed this view of the golf course from the sunroom (complete with my bottle of sparkling water).



No comments:

Post a Comment